FCBCrypto software provides inexpensive row level data encryption for Oracle database Enterprise and Standard Edition 11g, 12c and 18c versions, where Oracle Advanced Security option is not available or too expensive.
- Row level encryption
- SQL and PL/SQL data types supported
- AES 128|192|256 encryption technique for string, lob, bfile (on UNIX like OS including check sum) and raw data types
- Modified One-time pad encryption technique for number and date data types
- Data compression for string, lob and raw data types
- USB Security Token supported on Linux platforms
- Main code is written in PL/SQL language. External modules are written in C/JAVA languages
- Single and multi-byte char sets supported
- All editions of Oracle 11g (excepting XE) and Oracle 12c database (including multitenant container databases) supported
- UNIX like operating systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris) and Windows supported
- External database key storage. No any keys stored within constant database objects
- Database key operations performed in-memory only
- Centralized in-memory database key management
- Lightweight, fast and reliable
- Easy UNIX textual installation wizard. Easy Windows installation
- No named user license nor license per processor required. Only license per database instance
Please see installation and user guides below for more details.
How it works
Database in-memory context is filled by cryptographic related information from a pre-defined table, an operating system key file and an USB security token (Linux only). Data go through the PL/SQL package to be encrypted or decrypted. The PL/SQL package provides predefined interface decryption/encryption functions for every SQL or PL/SQL data types. In case of need the PL/SQL package performs preliminary data compression. Before encryption or decryption actions the PL/SQL package reads cryptographic information from the database in-memory context. Data are encrypted or decrypted and returned back. See please more details in downloadable guides below.
FCBCrypto is a try-and-buy software. Trial period is 60 days.
85 USD or 70 EUR per 1 license.
- Jun 17, 2018. 214 build released:
- Oracle 18c support added
- Added more protection to PL/SQL code to prevent reverse engineering and un-wrapping
Found a bug? Please use this link to report.
Questions? Propositions? Comments? Let me know what you think via email