FCBCrypto software provides inexpensive row level data encryption for Oracle database Enterprise and Standard Edition 11g and 12c versions, where Oracle Advanced Security option is not available or too expensive.
- Row level encryption
- SQL and PL/SQL data types supported
- AES 128|192|256 encryption technique for string, lob, bfile (on UNIX like OS including check sum) and raw data types
- Modified One-time pad encryption technique for number and date data types
- Data compression for string, lob and raw data types
- USB Security Token supported on Linux platforms
- Main code is written in PL/SQL language. External modules are written in C/JAVA languages
- Single and multi-byte char sets supported
- All editions of Oracle 11g (excepting XE) and Oracle 12c database (including multitenant container databases) supported
- UNIX like operating systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris) and Windows supported
- External database key storage. No any keys stored within constant database objects
- Database key operations performed in-memory only
- Centralized in-memory database key management
- Lightweight, fast and reliable
- Easy UNIX textual installation wizard. Easy Windows installation
- No named user license nor license per processor required. Only license per database instance
Please see installation and user guides below for more details.
How it works
Database in-memory context is filled by cryptographic related information from a pre-defined table, an operating system key file and an USB security token (Linux only). Data go through the PL/SQL package to be encrypted or decrypted. The PL/SQL package provides predefined interface decryption/encryption functions for every SQL or PL/SQL data types. In case of need the PL/SQL package performs preliminary data compression. Before encryption or decryption actions the PL/SQL package reads cryptographic information from the database in-memory context. Data are encrypted or decrypted and returned back. See please more details in downloadable guides below.
FCBCrypto is a try-and-buy software. Trial period is 60 days.
85 USD or 70 EUR per 1 license.
- Data sheet
Found a bug? Please use this link to report.
Questions? Propositions? Comments? Let me know what you think via email